The Government of Barbados, through the Ministry of Energy and Business in collaboration with the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the European Union, has re-capitalized the Sustainable Energy Investment Program II (Smart Fund II) with the aim of promoting Energy Efficiency (EE) and Renewable Energy (RE) in Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
Terms and conditions
- A maximum of two (2) vouchers may be distributed to each eligible residential customer of BL&P (Domestic Service tariff), and a maximum of five (5) to each eligible business (General Service or Secondary Voltage Power tariffs)
- Each voucher obtained must correspond to an equal number of AC disposal certificates issued by a participating waste management facility
- Each voucher must cover 50 percent of the retail cost of an approved AC unit complying with the required technical specifications
- A voucher must be used within the specified deadline after it is distributed (preferably immediately after it is distributed, or within a limited timeframe), at the same retail shop where it is distributed.
Vouchers are void after the established deadline (the date stamped provides reference for the deadline)
- Beneficiaries commit to installing the ACs obtained into their homes or business premises (unless retailers offer to do so themselves), and to not reselling or re-distributing them at any price
- Using a voucher to obtain a 50 percent rebate subjects the consumer to random inspection by independent auditors hired by the MESBE in accordance with its procurement rules and IDB’s or EGFL, or dedicated MESBE staff
- Signature of a voucher by the consumer provides his or her acceptance of these terms and conditions